Mission Statement: Our mission is to encourage excellence by providing a safe and instructional atmosphere in which staff and students will prosper. Also, to educate, instruct and motivate with resources, technology and attitude to promote life-long reading.
mackinvia (mississippi digital consortium)
school name: Long Beach Middle School
username: MSIS #
click "Administrator?" on the login page
username: email address
1. Students may check out one book for a two week period. If the book needs to be renewed, the student must bring the book in for it to be renewed.
2. If the book is late, there will be a 5 cents per school day charge. The fine does not exceed $1.50. If a book is damaged or lost a fine is accessed based on the damage or replacement cost for the book.
3. The library lab computers are not set up to print. Students may email assigned work to their classroom teachers to be printed.
4. Overdue notices are sent to the student's homeroom teacher.
5. Students with overdue, damaged or lost books must clear in the library to receive their report cards.
6. All classroom rules are upheld in the library. Gum, candy, food or drinks are not allowed in the library.
7. The computer lab is available for research only. All of the LBSD Acceptable Use Policies apply in the computer lab. Any changing of computer settings will result in the loss of computer privileges.
Please note these rules: A. No e-mail except to electronically send an assignment to a teacher B. No games C. No downloading
8. Lost/Damaged Books- If you damage a book, the damage will be assessed by the librarian. If you lose a book or damage it beyond repair, you must pay the replacement cost of the book.
9. Once the student has put a book on hold on the LBMS Destiny Discover site, the student's teacher may send the student to the media center with a pass to pick up the book.
10. If students need to use the library or library computers, they need to have a hall pass from a teacher.